So every little kids loves to eat their vegetables right ? I have a little secret to share with you about how to get your kids to eat vegetables without them ever knowing. Many recipes have a base in them which you can substitute for pureed vegetables. Your kids will never know you have hidden some extra nutrients in their favorite meal. Don’t worry we won’t tell them! The trick to adding pureed vegetables into the meal is to puree them very well so they are virtually undetectable in the meal. We are going to share a couple of our fave puree to help you sneak some veggies into you carb loving kiddo’s diet.
- Add cauliflower to your macaroni and cheese ; this is totally undetectable and add some nutrition to a fast side dish
- Butternut squash puree added to your pancakes or waffles
- Any vegetables added to your meatballs for spaghetti night
- Add carrot or sweet potato puree to your soup or chili
- Mix zucchini into your favorite bread recipe
These are just a few of our favorites ; remember this can be done with nearly every recipe. By adding some pureed vegetables to your meals they will healthier and more filling. Your kids will never know and you can rest easy knowing they received the best nutrition possible.
Written by Amber Scollick of Beanababy.com
If you have any little hidden ways you get healthy foods into your kids please feel free to share them! Just click on “Leave A Comment” above!